We have an opening for a great role to drive our marketing at Backroads, the world's #1 active travel company. We're a great company and we are ramping up our Marketo efforts and need someone to help with that journey! Let me know if any of you are interested! Email me at email@example.com.
Marketo CAMPAIGN SPECIALIST
Backroads is the world’s leading premium active travel company. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled, and that exploring a landscape through your own power (via bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around for nearly 40 years) and like to work in dynamic environment with tightly-knit, collaborative and active team members, then, you’ve come to the right place.
We are entering an exciting phase in our evolution, with investments in marketing automation and CRM systems. In this newly created role, you will drive strategy, implementation and performance for all aspects of the email channel across prospecting, nurture and repeat for marketing, sales and business development. We’re looking for an experienced Marketo guru and email marketer to evolve and grow our customer engagement programs. The successful candidate will have developed, executed, managed and optimized established programs across all stages of the guest life cycle in Marketo. This is a critical program for our business; bring your big ideas and your practical experience in growing customer engagement. In addition to email marketing, you will partner with our channel managers to fully leverage the power of Marketo across channels.
- Develop and manage monthly email calendar to document and schedule all email communications.
- Align campaigns to maximize segmentation objectives,
Campaign Development, Deployment and Optimization
- Develop, deploy, optimize a range of landing pages and email campaigns.
- Optimize against key metrics including CTR, open rates, and advertisers registered.
- Manage a continuous, meticulously planned and documented testing plan to continually improve performance of the email channel.
- Monitor email performance of one-time and automated emails and make recommendations to grow the email marketing channel.
- Track email best practices, monitor industry trends, and make recommendations.
- Identify, create, and develop customer segmentation strategies and ongoing communications plans targeted towards those segments.
- Create and execute A/B tests on an ongoing basis to continually improve email performance
- Execute 100% error-free email campaigns while meeting deadlines, balancing multiple projects, and proactively communicating project status.
- Must have hands-on experience with Marketo. Experience with Sales Force a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of email marketing operations, technology, testing techniques and platforms; specifically building requirements for list segmentation, workflows and triggered events. Prior experience included specific revenue or engagement metrics for the channel.
- BS or BA, preferably in business
- 3+ years’ experience creating and launching campaigns in Marketo. Should have knowledge of email best practices including subject lines, messaging, segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM/anti-spam laws.
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS for emails, including responsive coding principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a maniacal attention to detail
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests