1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 4:00 PM by 62729

E-mail Analytics - Click-Through Rate Calculation

My company made the switch to Marketo in July and after reviewing the e-mail results we noticed a few e-mails under-performing compared to historic rates (all-time lows).

It seems that Marketo reports CTR as the same way we have historically (unique clicks vs. delievered), however the numbers still seem to be slightly off for a few e-mails. Has anyone had any experience or thoughts as to what may becausing a drastic CTR difference (greater than 50% in these drastic cases)? I looked at specific link performance and the links appeared to be tracking properly - would there be any instance in which a click would not be tracked through Marketo?

EDIT: If anyone comes to this subject, I discovered the issue a few weeks after this post. The "view on web" link wasn't being tracked in Marketo but was being tracked in our old e-mail system. So we had a high number of users who would click on the "view on web" link in our old system and we would see that as a unique click - inflating our numbers vs. the marketo reported numbers.