AnsweredAssumed Answered

Multiple Salesforce Custom Object records causing confusion!

Question asked by Michael Collins on Mar 8, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2018 by Michael Collins

Hi guys,

I need a smart list to select people based on their latest login date (which is stored in a 'User' custom object which sits off the Contact object in Salesforce). I'm using the 'Has User' filter and 'in past before' and 'in past' to get to a group of people whose login date was 180 days ago, and some of the people records I get returned are good - i.e. they have the correct Login date I would expect, and some don't, and some have no date at all. So we added another 'Has Platform User' filter to try and avoid those with no date at all...but it's not working. Is there some issue with this if the Contact has multiple User records? I need to find a way to filter down to a specific User record, and from there filter on the dates...but it doesn't do what I would expect it to.

And this got me thinking about how you are selecting audiences based on Opportunity data - because a Contact can be associated to multiple Opportunities - so again let's say I want to pick people who have a certain type of Opportunity record (we differentiate renewal and standard opportunities in Salesforce), within a specific date range - it's possible that a Contact might have multiple opportunities, and even multiple renewal opportunities, so how do you deal with the filtering out of older/other Opportunities in favour of specific ones, or how do you set up your filters so that only the ONE opportunity you want to reference is being used - and you're not just pulling people who meet the criteria on 3 or 4 of their Opportunity records? does that even make sense! :-)

Outcomes