Marketing Performance Insights

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Marketing Performance Insights

Has anyone had a chance to try out Marketing Performance Insights? What are your thoughts on it? How does it compare to RCE?

28 REPLIES 28
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Marketing Performance Insights

Hi Ali,

Although EU instance have been upgraded last thursday, the new reporting is not available yet.

-Greg

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Good to know. I just saw all the product docs and assumed it had been full released. Thanks Greg!

Tim_Madel1
Level 4

When at the Marketo Summit last year it was insinuated that this would be part of the standard package - now it is being offered as an add-on.  Seems like we already pay enough for this - getting tired of Marketo trying to squeeze thousands of more dollars out of us.....

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Tim - where did you see that this was an add-on?  It's actually part of the Winter release, no?

I can't remember if we were told that this would either be included for everyone; or for those that purchase the "advanced analytics" package (aka, RCA/RCE).  MPI is still not enabled in our instance - even though we do have the AA add-on.

Dan_Stevens_

I'm on the MPI partner product call now.  This is definitely the the type of reporting/analytics that many of us have been waiting for (and provides instantaneous results, unlike some of the legacy reports, including RCE).  I was surprised to hear that this won't be rolled out to most customers since it's an add-on product (IMO, this is the type of reporting/analytics that many customers probably expect to be part of their core instance).  However, I thought that this was included for customers who have the "Advanced Analytics" add-on (at least that's what we were told at last year's Summit).  They confirmed that MPI is not included with ANY existing add-on packages.  It is an add-on for everyone.  This doesn't sit well with us - and I'm sure with many other customers.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

I am listening too Dan

And agreed this is not going to fly with many customers, especially the ones who have purchased advanced analytics.

Also, as a partner, I apparently do not have it on my partner sandbox, meaning I cannot self train and demonstrate it... Weird.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_

Greg - I raised this with our CSM today.  I explained to her that many of us were completely blindsided that all of these great "insight" reports that were announced at Summit last year (Erik Heldebro​ provides a nice summary here: 4 key announcements from the 2017 Marketo Marketing Nation Summit ) are now going to be paid add-ons.  Even for those of us that already pay extra for Advanced Analytics (like RCE).  She's going to follow-up on this - I'll report back when I hear more.

Dan_Stevens_

Here's the update I received today: our CSM spoke to PM and said that MPI will be an add-on for everyone for the foreseeable future.  When she brought up the reference made during last year's Summit (where many informed us that MPI would be included with those that purchase the Advanced Analytics add-on), PM reminded her of the "safe harbor" statement at the beginning of each presentation (which basically makes any statements made "non-official").

It goes without saying that we are extremely frustrated with the position Marketo is taking with MPI.

Dan_Stevens_

I should also note that I've been asked to relay any and all feedback that I hear from Marketo's customer base, so that our CSM can share this with the higher-ups at Marketo.  So if you have anything you want to share, include it here in this thread. 

Ali Proehl - can I ask that you "unmark" your answer as "correct" so that others don't skip over it, thinking that the issue has been resolved.