SOLVED

Changing Status in SFDC

Go to solution
Emma_Malecker
Level 2

Changing Status in SFDC

We put on live events and we pull the information from the designated SFDC. We normally have two campaigns, one for marketing and one for the actual roster. I have figured out how to change it from sent to opened to clicked but we want to make sure once they are marked registered we don't want that status to be changed. Is there a way to not change the status if the person is marked registered?

Here is a screenshot of what I have figured out so far. Obviously the default choice would be sent.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Change status in SFDC Campaign.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_van_den_
Level 3

Re: Changing Status in SFDC

for Webinars, which is a similar case, I use the Program Status to keep track of who was invited, who registered, who attended etc. The big advantage of Program Statuses (defined by the Tags in the Admin section) is that People can only move forward through statuses and not backwards. Once the Program Status is set correctly based on the lead's activity, you can use a Smart Campaign that triggers when the Program Status has actually changed, and set the SFDC campaign status accordingly to the Program Status reached at that moment. Maybe that might be a solution for you too?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Emma,

The only secure way to lock these is through validation rules in Salesforce.

You could also create some smart campaign in Marketo that undo any unwanted change, but that will be less efficient, although easier to implement.

-Greg

Gerard_van_den_
Level 3

for Webinars, which is a similar case, I use the Program Status to keep track of who was invited, who registered, who attended etc. The big advantage of Program Statuses (defined by the Tags in the Admin section) is that People can only move forward through statuses and not backwards. Once the Program Status is set correctly based on the lead's activity, you can use a Smart Campaign that triggers when the Program Status has actually changed, and set the SFDC campaign status accordingly to the Program Status reached at that moment. Maybe that might be a solution for you too?

Emma_Malecker
Level 2

Thank you!