Exclude math isn't working out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exclude math isn't working out

I am sending email for a webinar. I was provided with a static list for the first send (List A with 11,000 contacts) and a new static of those who have registered (List B with 300 contacts). The reminder email should be sent to Member Of List In List A AND Member Of List Not In List B. The resulting number of send should be 8000. I'm getting 10,000

What is the right way to create a smart list from two static lists where one of those is an "exclude from send" list?

******EDIT******

Part of the problem here was that quite a few of the members of the "registered" list (list B) were not the original recipients of the first send (list A).
John is the department manager and didn't want to register for the webinar. He thought the information was important to his team so he forwarded the email to Mary, Jill, and Jack who all registered. That skewed the numbers.

1 REPLY 1
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Exclude math isn't working out

Hi Ed,

I read 3000 registered, not 300 ?

Your smart list correct.

This simply means that 2000 of the registered were not sent the first email (SEO? SEA? Other way to promote it?)

Create a smart list "member of list In B and member of list not in A" and ytou will find the missing 2000. Then ask the list providers where they come from

-Greg