3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 11:17 AM by Sanford Whiteman

Tracking Tokens to Calendly

Megan Messerly

When someone clicks the token link in one of my drip emails, it takes them to Calendly to schedule a call with one of our sales team members. I want to track which email drip is resulting in calls scheduled- is there a way to map this with a token? I have the Zapier integration, but am unsure of what kind of field I'd need to create in either Calendly or Marketo.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Tracking Tokens to Calendly
          Sanford Whiteman

When someone clicks a Calendly link, it automatically stores these query params as part of the event:

• utm_campaign
          • utm_term
          • utm_content
          • utm_source
          • salesforce_uuid
          • utm_medium

There are at least 4 ways to use this information in Marketo w/Zapier:

[1] in a Marketo "Create or Upload Lead" action you can tell it to map those fields back to Marketo fields.  I would recommend your Marketo fields be string fields like LastCalendlyCampaign, LastCalendlySource, etc. since they will be overwritten.

[2] use a Marketo "Add Lead to List" action but condition it on a Zapier filter, so you add to a specific list based on Calendly information:

[3] use the other Zapier actions, like Formatter, to translate the UTM codes into List IDs, then use "Add Lead to List"

[4] other methods, like calling a webhook to simulate a Marketo form post