7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2018 10:29 AM by Jeffrey Paino

Credit Union using Marketo

Jeffrey Paino

Hello. We are a Credit Union that is starting to use Marketo. Our CRM is called Symitar, which is mostly used in the Credit Union Industry. I'm wondering if anyone else uses Symitar and Marketo. I'm not sure how to sync the two data bases. Is using APIs the only option? Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Re: Credit Union using Marketo
          Grégoire Michel

Hi Jeffrey,

As there is no off the shelf connector, the API ois the way to go, but it does not mean you will have to develop (all of) it.

Look into ETL's. Many have some Marketo connectors and it might happen that some of them have some experience integrating with your crm

-Greg

• Re: Credit Union using Marketo
            Sanford Whiteman

We're working with a Credit Union client using Symitar + Marketo... you didn't just start there, I wonder?

The integration is currently using (not entirely successfully) an integration via Symitar exports, SFTP, and the Dell Boomi Marketo connector.  We came on board after this architecture was decided on -- it would not have been our first choice -- and are helping troubleshoot Boomi's insufficiency in this regard. For the future, our goal is to eschew Boomi and use a custom integration that can apply better dedupe logic. Either way, as you surmised, this is not a built-in bidirectional sync and is a bespoke app that will be relatively brittle even in the best of times.