AnsweredAssumed Answered

Creating smart lists based on SFDC custom objects

Question asked by 95d5d6241426fd6248677f0484d04ef54c0523b5 on Feb 13, 2018
Latest reply on Feb 14, 2018 by 95d5d6241426fd6248677f0484d04ef54c0523b5

We are using SFDC with Marketo. We are using Person Accounts in Salesforce. We sell products for high school students. When a parent purchases the product/course, we create an enrollment object (custom SFDC object) associated with the parent's person account and it gets synced to Marketo. We also create a separate Person Account for the student (child) who will actually be using the product/course which is also synced to Marketo. The student's Person Account does not have the enrollment object associated with it. However, within the enrollment object associated with the Parent, there is an ID field which links to the student.

I can easily pull the list of parent's email address with a smart list with "has Enrollment" and the appropriate constraint filters.

However, we also want to send an email to the students. How can I get the list of students within Marketo?

I read that you could create a custom object that defines the relationship between the parent and student. However, its still not clear to me how that would work within Marketo.

I can't seem to find a way to say give me all the students who are child of the parents who have purchased a course.

Is there solution/work around for this?

Outcomes