Date of Activity constraints with Triggers

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of Activity constraints with Triggers

When a person is created, their lead status changes after 15 minutes because other programs need to run. 

I want to create a smart campaign of ALL newly created people with their new status for nurturing. I can't run the "Person is Created" trigger, because their info is not yet fully updated. Can I create a constraint = "Date of Activity = In Past 2 Hours"?  Does it delay the trigger by 2 hours, which would allow time for the data to be updated? 

If not, what's the best way to run a trigger off of someone that was created in the last 2 hours?  I don't want to run 12 different batch smart campaigns every 2 hours every day if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Josh

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Date of Activity constraints with Triggers

Hey Josh,

You could build the trigger smart campaign like this: Person is Created (trigger filter) and a filter for New Nurture Status. In the flow, the first filter is a wait step for 2 hours. The second filter is your 'data value change.' That will delay the data being updated, or the trigger being fired, for 2 hours. Also, in the wait step filter, there is the Date Token that can listen for specific attributes to update on the lead. For example, Date Token can listen for Lead. token attribute 'plus' 1 day. 

Thanks,

Jessica CEO@Magentic Hype

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a great plan. I'll try it out!

Kevin_McMahon1
Level 5

I agree with Jessica. Use the person is created trigger in the campaign smart list. Then have the first flow step be a wait step that will give your other programs enough time to update the lead status.

You mentioned this is for nurturing so if you are using person status to add them to an engagement program, then it could look like this:

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 9.04.13 AM.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would be careful with Lead is Created trigger if you have a lot of lead creation. It can really clog your trigger queue.