4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2018 8:44 PM by Niranjan Kumbi [PM]

Does Marketo support Dynamics 365 ver. 9.0?

Dan Stevens.

We're going to be deploying version 9 of MSD this year.  Can anyone weigh in on whether or not Marketo supports this version?  If so, will it require an update to the plug-in?

Paul Wilson

• Re: Does Marketo support Dynamics 365 ver. 9.0?
          Dave Cunningham

Have you learned any more from Marketo on this, Dan Stevens.? We'll be upgrading to version 9 of Dynamics this year as well.

Dan Stevens.

Hi Dave - based on the responses that our CSM relayed over to me, it's still hard to say:

Per Marketo:

I don't believe that they would need to do a full re-install, as the solution is going to be the same either way. If they run into problems it would probably be advisable to have the download the solution and re-import it into the instance and select Override Customizations box during that import process

I then replied back with:

I’m not quite following the response.  First, it sounds like Marketo does support version 9, correct?  But there was no mention on advising us that we should download the most recent version of the solution.  Is that recommended, or if the version that we have today works, there’s no need to install the new version?  And finally if we do move forward to re-install, why would we select “override customizations” – won’t that wipe out of the customization work that we’ve deployed this past year (e.g., replicating the MSI iframe on a lead record if it has a parent contact id)?

Per our CSM:

I do think we support that version based on what the team said. I’m going to open a case just to cover our bases and make sure they answer all of your questions.

Paul Wilson - by chance, do you have a more concrete answer for us?

I don't believe that they would need to do a full re-install, as the solution is going to be the same either way. If they run into problems it would probably be advisable to have the download the solution and re-import it into the instance and select Override Customizations box during that import process

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  Dave Cunningham

Thanks Dan. That's interesting. Here is what we have heard back from Support:

"We do support version 9, and you don't need to do anything special when upgrading to the new version of 365, you should be good to go!"

"...unless stated otherwise in our documentation, we support the most recent version of Dynamics. I double checked and that includes version 9 currently."

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                      Niranjan Kumbi [PM]

Posting a product note since there were at least a few inquires on this topic:

# Inline with Support's comment, Marketo does support most recent versions of Dynamics including 9.0; which implies that product will address P1 and critical issues as standard procedure

# Issues found in preliminary certification have been addressed in the product and patched to all subscriptions

# Full and ongoing product certification of Dynamics 9.0 will occur later in the year; timeline of which will align with Microsoft's window to process all scheduled updates for v9.0