unable to authorize when I request a new code

Aaron_Stewart
Level 1

unable to authorize when I request a new code

I have a user that I am unable to get authorized with the SalesInsight add-in for Outlook.  I have tried revoking the license and reissuing, but still when they attempt to request an auth code it says a code has already been sent.

This is currently the only user I have having trouble with (as far as I know), everyone else seems to be working just fine.

6 REPLIES 6
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: unable to authorize when I request a new code

When you revoke a license it can take ~15 minutes for that revocation to fully propagate and allow the user to be sent a new license.  What error did you get when tried to authorize the first time? 

Aaron_Stewart
Level 1

Hi Steven,

I waited several minutes before re-issuing the license, but I can try that again and see if that helps.

Here is the message the user received at the beginning of this mess:

Unable to Authorize

We can't authorize the email address set as your default account in Outlook.

The default account in Outlook must match the email address that your Marketo

Admin used when issuing the license.

Unauthorized Email Account:

AFSteele@TheNavisWay.com<mailto:AFSteele@TheNavisWay.com>

Let your Marketo Admin know if the problem persists.

Contact your Marketo Admin with any question

Aaron Stewart

Desktop Support Technician

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

It sounds like that Outlook is configured to have multiple email addresses and the email address the license was issued to isn't the default account.  the AFSteele address will need to be set to the default in Outlook before the plug-in will register successfully.  Switch to another Outlook email profile - Outlook   I believe this doc will help.

Aaron_Stewart
Level 1

There is only one address assigned to his Outlook at this time.  I will attempt to re-issue the license and see if that works, it has been at couple hours since I last revoked it.

Aaron_Stewart
Level 1

I confirmed there is only one profile in Outlook on the user's machine, still I am unable to Authorize the user. 

I removed the old Outlook profile, built a new one, still not working.

Aaron_Stewart
Level 1

Also, I just discovered that this happening with other now as well.  Perhaps there is an larger issue going on?