At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
The Email Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing Edmunds’ ESP & marketing automation efforts as well as implementing portions of Edmunds’ user retention strategy in an effort to deliver against aggressive revisitation, lead conversion, and lead closing KPIs. The role is part of Insider, Edmunds’ registration and membership product, and will closely interact with the core product team to help segment users, inform product features, and design campaign strategies for users to re-visit Edmunds and complete the next step of the car purchase funnel. Additionally, the role will support our B2B email efforts with dotted responsibilities across the product organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage ESP automation & multiple email campaigns simultaneously, work to minimize email list decay & unsubscribe (churn) rate, and improve productivity of email sends
- Continuously measure and optimize campaign performance against own & competitive benchmarks in order to enhance user dashboards and accelerate lower funnel activities
- Collaborate with designers & product managers to draft and implement various lead generation, lifecycle, and retention marketing campaigns from development to execution
- Lead QA, A/B testing, email template design, and call-to-action functionality to ensure smooth, relevant, and error-free campaign implementation
- Support B2B marketing team and other product teams with technical, design, and campaign expertise to ensure their communication campaigns are executed smoothly
- Conduct frequent analysis of the most successful competitor programs looking for insights around targeting, growth initiatives, and cadence / delivery / timing
- Own and implement portions of Edmunds’ user retention strategy & roadmap to deliver against revisitation, lead conversion, and lead closing KPIs
- Perform user segmentation along the car purchase funnel and identify targeting strategies for each segment in line with corporate goals & Insider roadmap
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience developing or supporting email & retention marketing strategies
- Solid understanding of B2C product lifecycle & consumer trends
- Medium to advanced knowledge of Marketo, Tableau, Interana, Salesforce, Jira, SQL (or a similar combination of ESP / CRM / Collaboration / Database packages)
- Solid understanding of email & retention concepts, metrics, and best practices
- Highly analytical and technical, able to derive meaning from various data sources
- Strong desire to learn and experiment with advanced technologies
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and relationship building skills
- Creative problem-solver with ability to manage uncertainty in a fast paced environment
- Team player who is able to lead, follow, and multi-task
- B2C startup experience
- Experience in the transportation / car space
- Passion for storytelling and creating delightful user moments
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, and Built in LA. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. In fact, our CEO, Avi Steinlauf, was rated as one of Glassdoor's Highest Rated CEOs! If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.