AnsweredAssumed Answered

Populate Custom Lead Record via Typeform Survey

Question asked by Spencer Phillips on Jan 12, 2018
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2018 by Spencer Phillips

Hello Marketing Nation,

Preface:

I am trying to reverse engineer something and am stumped. This was built by an agency that is no longer working with the company, prior to me coming on board.

Background:

We have a Typeform survey on our site. When someone completes the survey they are emailed their results. Those results are also appended to their lead/person record in Marketo.

Some of these custom fields are not populating, however.

I, for the life of me, can not ascertain where and how Marketo knows to pull and populate the Typeform survey data from our website.

Marketo and Typeform are not "talking" to each other - Marketo is pulling data from our website directly. There is no direct integration between these two systems.

There are no webhooks, and no Zapier integration.

There is nothing on the Marketo form that gates the entry to the survey that would capture the Typeform data.

There is nothing in the smart campaign that sends people their email after completing the survey that would inform Marketo to capture the Typeform data and append to the lead record.

Please see screenshots below:

1. Custom fields in field management

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 5.32.13 PM.png

2. The custom fields in the lead/person record - I'm trying to identify how the populated fields were pulled in to populate the remaining, empty fields.

Stumped.png

3. In looking at the activity activity details it seems that Marketo is pulling the numbers from the URL itself...:

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.57.18 PM.png

Any ideas on where and how Marketo decides to correctly pull and populate this Typeform data without being connected to Typeform is greatly appreciated.

Based on that, I can replicate for the unpopulated fields.

Thank you,

Spencer

Outcomes