1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2018 8:04 AM by Sydney Mulligan

GDPR Preperation

Ethan Warlick

There was some discussion about GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) at our most recent meeting, so I wanted to start a discussion to keep everyone in the loop as we get closer to May 25 #Q1DataProjects

In a recent webinar I heard the quote "Data is no longer an asset, it's now a liability". It was also then that I heard about fines up to 4% of global revenue...

scared.jpg

I haven't received the playback yet, but below is a question that I asked, and the answer I received:

You asked a question:
      Regarding .com hosted forms - if adding contacts to a list to receive electric mail, is there content we need to populate the form with to ensure we're following global laws?.

Response:
      Yes. Explicit or express consent requires a positive action on the part of the person opting in. (unchecked check box for example). In addition, for Canada, it requires the following 4 statements:

1. Company name and mailing address.
      2. A clear statement of what types of messages they can expect.
      3. A contact name with 2 ways to reach them (usually phone and email) and
      4. State “You can unsubscribe at any time”.

Here's an upcoming webinar on selecting your lawful bases and data capture, management and processing: Webinar Registration - Zoom

I was also passed this recording from an industry friend: Preparing for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - a podcast hosted by IABC international executive board dir…

I'll update this discussion as we begin building our operational programs and learn more.