Anonymous Tracking to Lead Database

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous Tracking to Lead Database

Hello,

I have implemented the Marketo SDK (Android and iOS) as per the following document:http://developers.marketo.com/mobile/installation/#ios_sdk_installation

I've noticed that there are several empty records in the database. i.e. Without name etc., but an active activity log.

Knowing that Marketo implements activity tracking, I've gone through the following documents:

Tracking Anonymous Activity and Leads - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Understanding Anonymous Activity and People - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

However, no where in these explicitly states that anonymous tracking is stored in the people list.

Can it be confirmed that that the empty records I am seeing are anonymous users/ tracking in play?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Anonymous Tracking to Lead Database

No, those are not anonymous leads.

Those are named leads, perhaps without expected core fields filled in, but named nonetheless (and being billed to your subscription).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.

We currently have this implemented on 3 different applications, built by different development teams and are experiencing the same behavior. We are seeing blanks in the database for all three applications. Does this mean the SDK has been implemented incorrectly on all applications?

Can you point me to any documentation or repo on how to implement this correctly, if what you are saying is indeed correct?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Does this mean the SDK has been implemented incorrectly on all applications?

If these were meant to be anonymous leads, yes, it was implemented incorrectly.

Can you point me to any documentation or repo on how to implement this correctly, if what you are saying is indeed correct?

I wouldn't have said it if it weren't correct.

Not seeing your code, I can't tell you exactly what you're doing wrong. I imagine the code fails to check for missing standard fields under some circumstances and creates a User Profile anyway.