I got confused that how to deal with Leads or Contact in Marketo.
We generate and create leads in Marketo, it will sync to SFDC based on leads call-to-action behavior. Leads also go through lead life cycle process. I am ok with leads part. However, our contacts are created in SFDC directly by sales. After contact created in SFDC, it will sync back to Marketo. Then issues begins:
1. Contact won't able to sync back from Marketo to SFDC, such as there was no "Lead Source" by creation.
2. Duplicate lead/contact with the same email address. One could be lead, the other one is contact. Lead may or may not already synced to SFDC depends on SC and/or if the lead has all necessary and valid information such as Country, Lead source.
If you had the similar experience, can you share with me:
1. How would you manage contacts? or what is the common way to manage them?
2. Do you update contacts and sync contacts update back to SFDC?
3. How did you handle the duplicate lead/contact?
Thank you in advance,