SOLVED

Moving new names and successes from one program to another

Go to solution
Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Moving new names and successes from one program to another

Recently, we had a mini overhaul of our channels and thus the programs. Once I created the new channels and updated the statuses that needed updating I move members from the old program to the new one. I managed to move these members over to the new program with little issue, however what didn't push over was success.

When we looked at RCE it showed all of our Old Programs and showed that although there were 0 new names there were still 300 successes.

Do I just need to do a smart campaign with a change data value flow? Or is there some other way I can push those successes int he old campaign to be successes in the new campaign.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Moving new names and successes from one program to another

Yes, you specifically need to set the Success Status for those Leads in the New Program. But the Success Date will be TODAY, not the original date.

I generally do not recommend this sort of backfill because of this situation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, you specifically need to set the Success Status for those Leads in the New Program. But the Success Date will be TODAY, not the original date.

I generally do not recommend this sort of backfill because of this situation.

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Thanks for the help Josh, good to know before I start switching stuff around

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Ali,

As Josh mentioned, updating acquisition and program status is fairly simple. Its correcting the legacy program membership date and acquisition date that become trickier.

Jessica Kao​ wrote a great article (linked below) that outlines what can be done to remedy just this scenario and clean up your reporting. Definitely a little labor intensive, but if you need to do it, this article is your map.

Marketo Analytics Tips: How to restate historical data when FT and MT program reports are telling li...

Allison_Proehl
Level 4

Thanks for the link Keith, I think for the future this will be really helpful