I've been reading a lot about what info is retained and how to choose which fields' info trumps the other when merging duplicate records in Marketo and I'd just like a few clarifications.
When merging from Marketo:
- If we have some sfdc fields hidden/unmapped from Marketo, how can we choose which info from those fields will be retained in sfdc?
- Will all sfdc tasks and events be retained and merged?
- What if two contacts are associated with different opportunities in sfdc, will the newly merged contact retain all those associations?
When merging from SFDC:
- Will things like Marketo program membership and status be merged? If so, if this info is conflicting, can we control which one is retained?
- Is there a way to be notified in Marketo if and when records are merged in sfdc?
- Is there any data I'm not thinking of that may not be retained if the merge happens in sfdc?
Any other tips or things to consider would be very helpful!