SOLVED

I'm trying to change the size of the Hero image from the Breaking News 2.0 template in an email, but I can't get the title and subtitle to center in the smaller height image. Instead, the background image stays centered and padding appears on both the top

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to change the size of the Hero image from the Breaking News 2.0 template in an email, but I can't get the title and subtitle to center in the smaller height image. Instead, the background image stays centered and padding appears on both the top

Can anyone help with the code? I'm not a designer and unfortunately, we just hired someone who has absolutely no experience with Marketo and no time to assist.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Re: I'm trying to change the size of the Hero image from the Breaking News 2.0 template in an email, but I can't get the title and subtitle to center in the smaller height image. Instead, the background image stays centered and padding appears on both the

For this line:

<p style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;" mce-data-marked="1">My Company in the News</span></p>

change to

<p style="text-align: left;margin: 0;"><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;" mce-data-marked="1">My Company in the News</span></p>

Adding margin: 0; to the <p tag style should drop the standard margin down which is causing the extra spacing.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Re: I'm trying to change the size of the Hero image from the Breaking News 2.0 template in an email, but I can't get the title and subtitle to center in the smaller height image. Instead, the background image stays centered and padding appears on both the

Share your code and we'll happily help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Frank! I was able to find the pesky rows with fixed heights causing my issue, but is there a way to reduce the space between the title and the text in the same template? An example of the table code is here (sorry for it being so long...I'm just not sure what you'd need to see):

<table id="text-post" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="mktoModule m_text-post" mktoname="My Company in the News">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;hyphens: none;border-collapse: collapse;background-color:${textPostBackgroundColor};" bgcolor="${textPostBackgroundColor}" valign="top">

<table class="table600" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; -ms-text-size-adjust: 100%; mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; border-spacing: 0; border-collapse: collapse; margin-top: 0; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 0; margin-left: auto;" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="600">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;hyphens: none;border-collapse: collapse;line-height:${textPostSpacer};font-size:${textPostSpacer};" height="${textPostSpacer}"> </td>

</tr>                            

<tr>

<td class="primary-font title" style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;hyphens: none;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;color: #000;font-family:'Judson', Georgia, serif;font-weight: bold;font-style: normal;font-size: 20px;text-align: center;border-collapse: collapse;">

<div class="mktoText" mktoname="Title" id="title3">

<p style="text-align: left;"><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;" mce-data-marked="1">My Company in the News</span></p>

</div>

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="secondary-font text" style="hyphens: none;-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;font-family:'Lato', Arial, sans-serif;font-size: 14px;line-height: 25px;text-align: center;color: #000;border-collapse: collapse;">

<div class="mktoText" mktoname="Text" id="text">

<div style="text-align: left;">

<ul>

<li>Item 1</li>

<li>Item 2</li>                                    

</ul>

</div>

</div>

</td>

</tr>                            

<tr>

<td style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;hyphens: none;border-collapse: collapse;line-height:${textPostSpacer3};font-size:${textPostSpacer3};" height="${textPostSpacer3}"> </td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;-ms-text-size-adjust: 100%;mso-table-lspace: 0pt;mso-table-rspace: 0pt;word-break: break-word;-webkit-hyphens: none;-moz-hyphens: none;hyphens: none;border-collapse: collapse;line-height:${textPostSpacer4};font-size:${textPostSpacer4};" height="${textPostSpacer4}"> </td>                         

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Please also send a print screen of what it looks like in the preview email, it's hard to see without variables populated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please excuse the redacting!

email preview example.JPG

Frank_Breen2
Level 10

For this line:

change to

<p style="text-align: left;margin: 0;"><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px;" mce-data-marked="1">My Company in the News</span></p>

Adding margin: 0; to the <p tag style should drop the standard margin down which is causing the extra spacing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This worked perfectly! Thank you!!!