My company, Atlantic Media, is looking to hire a marketing operations specialist. It's a small, fun team with great, creative, enthusiastic people. If any of you are interested, or know someone in a bummer job who knows their way around Marketo, I'd be grateful to anyone who passed along the info.
Here's the link to apply: JazzHR » Job Listings
National Journal, the premium provider of insightful reporting, essential research and intelligence tools for those operating in Washington’s policy and government arenas, seeks a forward-thinking, results-driven Marketing Operations Specialist to join our marketing and communications team.
The Marketing Operations Specialist will manage National Journal’s email communications and deliverability strategy to ensure that members are getting the full value of their membership and to attract new members through marketing campaigns.
You will be a part of a growing and high-energy team focused on serving and delivering value to public policy organizations. National Journal serves over 1,000 of Washington’s top organizations through its research services, membership, editorial, and event platforms.
Who are you?
You enjoy multi-tasking, are strategic, and can balance requests against the needs of an organization. You have a creative spirit and a passion for digital communication. We’re looking for someone who is continuously dedicated to improving National Journal’s email strategy.
What will you do?
- Play a key role in optimizing National Journal’s member communications and marketing campaigns by collaborating with teams across the company to optimize all digital communications.
- Manage an email distribution calendar to ensure we’re reaching our members and marketing prospects at ideal times.
- Select targeted email lists of National Journal members and prospects, and manage list segmentation for various email types.
- Coordinate A/B testing of subject lines, send times, or other email features.
- Employ email best practices for send times, subject lines, list segmentation, format and deliverability.
- Analyze open rates and click-through rates to shape email distribution strategy.
- Assist with copywriting and editing for emails.
- Work with teams to develop marketing assets, such as landing pages and elements for digital marketing campaigns.
Professionally, you have:
- Experience managing a mass email program, Marketo preferred.
- Experience working with marketing automation systems and CRMs, such as SalesForce Marketing Cloud.
- An analytical, data-driven mindset, with the ability to derive actionable insights from data (A/B testing, analyzing email deliverability/open/click metrics, using Google Analytics).
- Skilled in best practices for reaching audiences through digital media channels (e.g. how to improve deliverability, how to best personalize email content, email template design, creating strong calls-to-action, writing compelling subject lines, etc.).
- Sharp copywriting and editing skills, especially for email subject lines.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Strong organizational skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong technical and digital media skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple teams.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.