At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flick of a switch. Our goal is to make using data easy, and we’re looking for people to join us on the journey.
Segment is growing our marketing team. We’re looking for a highly analytical, digital marketer to join us to drive revenue growth through onsite conversions including trials, paid and lead generation. This person will be leading advertising, SEO/SEM and email marketing. They will also be working closely with our business technology team on marketing operations. The best person for this role will be obsessed with being on the cutting-edge of ad technologies, tools and platforms. They will also be constantly pushing boundaries of what’s possible with keywords, organic search and email optimization.
As Head of Demand Generation you’ll be working with sales to understand and define the customer funnel creating pathing for different users to get through the stages quickly and easily. You’ll run our online marketing function including owning the conversion pathing (to trial, to lead, to paid) our paid media strategy (e.g., SEM, retargeting) and the health metrics of our website. You will be responsible for organic web health growth (SEO). You will also be responsible for working with our business operations team to implement the tools and technologies to our performance marketing organization.
What you’ll work on
- Own web pathing and conversion optimizations to trial, to lead and to paid
- Measure and identify gaps in the marketing funnel and optimize and test to improve conversions
- Become a Segment’s SEM/SEO expert driving Google AdWords, Bing Ad campaigns as well as SEO optimized content and monitoring/optimization via Google Webmaster Tools
- Define and own our customer acquisition cost targets (CAC/LTV ratio)
- Design and implement asset testing for optimal conversions (A/B and multivariate)
- Define Segment’s attribution model including ways to capture sources
- Define, own and report weekly on the website and funnel benchmarks
- Manage and optimize all online ad buys including display, social, retargeting and native
- Work with business operations to define Segment’s full funnel marketing operations infrastructure including CRM, marketing automation and sales productivity making recommendations for optimizations
- Drive the build of campaign assets (blog posts, ads, landing pages etc.) to ensure healthy ad performance and SEO content base
- Working with in-house creative team and product marketing to build and publish assets
- 7-10 years of experience in SEO/SEM, social media, email marketing and ad buying
- Experience at a SaaS company with an enterprise focus
- Expertise on email automation (e.g., Marketo, Autopilot, Drip), sales productivity tools (e.g., YesWare, Outreach.io, Salesloft) Salesforce and Google AdWords
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, economics, statistics or a similar field
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and SQL
- E-commerce experience a plus
- You’re obsessed with optimizing things. You love the forensics of trying to figure out where customers or prospective customers are getting stuck. Then you think of ways to optimize experiences and make it easier for people to get around on the site, transact or connect with sales.
- You’re an analytic powerhouse. You don’t just look at data you are obsessed with it, live in it. You enjoy trying to solve problems with data and you want everything to be instrumented, attributed, forecasted and measured. You thrive from setting benchmarks and hitting them.
- You love experimenting. Whether it’s adopting a new technology or defining a user test, you thrive on turning the knobs and levers to see what works. You always have a set of ideas queued up (some crazy) and you like coming up with hypotheses, instrumenting and testing.
- You’re on the cutting edge of MarTech. You’re a student of marketing and are always reading blogs, attending conferences and watching videos to learn the latest tools and techniques. You love to be sure you know what’s new and hot. There’s probably a vendor demo on your calendar right now and you enjoy crafting the perfect marketing stack.
- You have a player/coach leadership approach. We are a growing company and we need the kind of leaders who will be willing to go in and build keywords not just define the strategy. We will be growing the demand generation function, but the right person for the role will have an active and ongoing role in tactics as well as building and leading a world-class team.
This role requires being **full-time** in our San Francisco office
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment. Recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers, and promotions will happen based on qualifications for the positions being filled regardless of sex, gender identity, race, religious creed, color, national origin ancestry, age, physical disability, pregnancy, mental disability, or medical condition.