Share Tokenized HTML Emails

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Share Tokenized HTML Emails

Hey, all!

We need to share HTML emails with a third-party; however, all our emails are tokenized, so the content doesn't populate. In the past, I used this method to make the process really quick:

How to share your tokenized HTML Emails and Landing Pages?

But it stopped working within the past few months (when I clicked on "View Frame Source", I get a blank white page).

Is this happening to anyone else? Or is there another way to do it so we don't have to rebuild the emails?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Share Tokenized HTML Emails

You couldn't download the html and drop it in a browser and then copy it into Text and then do a Search a Replace?

View Source should work here instead of the one he suggested.

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thanks, Josh! That's what we've started doing, which I guess is fine, but I miss how quick and easy it used to be, especially when you need to send a bunch of campaign emails to another party. But I'd rather the tedium of this, I guess, than losing scalability by removing tokens altogether.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

"View Frame Source" doesn't work anymore with email editor 2.0, as there are no more frames. You can still retrieve the complete HTML source of your email, although it got a little more complicated.

Here's how this would work for Chrome:

Preview Email. Bring up the Chrome Console (F12) and select "View Element" or hit Shift-CTRL-C right away. Move your mouse over the body of the email until you have it all highlighted.

2017-11-18 15_29_02-Marketo Email Designer.png

See that <html>...</html> tag in your console on the right? Right-Click it and select "Copy Outer HTML". Paste it into your text editor, name the file "email_name.html" and share it with your third party.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The "show full screen" option used to work for this as well.  But then this feature was omitted from Email Editor 2.0.  Vote on the idea to bring it back:

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thanks! Bit less exciting than the original way, but if it works, it works!