AnsweredAssumed Answered

Custom activities for B2B tech

Question asked by c9dba7285d1d0946e204ca7591cb71744b914ac5 on Nov 10, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 by c9dba7285d1d0946e204ca7591cb71744b914ac5

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me out a little bit as I'm trying to understand what path to go down.

I work in B2B and currently we're revamping our marketing life cycle stages and overall sales funnel.

We currently work with a MLS where leads go from Audience - Engaged - AQL - SQL - opp... etc etc.. We plan to add a step (MQL) too. As AQL being the main step that sends them into the sales cycle this is key for us. Our problem at the moment however, is that they can become AQL several times as we use the field for Demo requests and Lead nurturing (soon to change). We've been using several fields to collect information for when this happens such as AQL Date (stamp), AQL Type and AQL Source - we also have an interesting moment. We can continue with this, however, we also need something that makes sure that we can gather the information for everytime it happens and not just the last (touch) or the first (touch).

My plan was to use either custom objects and custom activities - haven researched quite a lot on this already I think I've got an idea of how this could help us. I'm still struggling to find B2B examples close to mine so therefore I'm posting in here.

1) Is MLS/Sales funnel an appropriate area to use this type of function?

2) (The golden Q:) Should I use CA or CO?

3) Was thinking to create a Custom A/O to keep information on the action that Lead has become AUDIENCE/ENGAGED/MQL/AQL/SQL/Opp etc... would that work? And what would be most appropriate - CA or CO? What is the actual difference for this example between CA and CO here?

Hope someone can help - all answers are much appreciated!

Thanks,

Mette

Outcomes