SOLVED

Automatic disable of trigger campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic disable of trigger campaigns

Hi All,

Just a quickie for someone in the know.

In terms of the auto cleanup of trigger campaigns, will the system de-activate campaigns with leads in wait steps?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Automatic disable of trigger campaigns

Hi Matthew,

Marketo cleans up inactive trigger campaigns that have not shown ANY activity in 6 months, not 3 months. This means they have not qualified any people in 6 months, no people have executed a flow step in 6 months, and no people are currently sitting in a wait step.

More info: Automatic Trigger Campaign Clean-up - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Huh.

Probably will leave the people in the Wait Step and execute subsequent steps just as it would if you deactivated it yourself. I see no reason it would function differently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

I'm not sure if my question was clear.

Our instance is set to deactivate non-active trigger campaigns after 3 months. I guess my question is what is the definition of 'inactive'.

For example.... is it when people have not entered the flow etc.

My question is: if there are people in a wait step is the campaign considered active or inactive as this I imagine would determine whether the instance de-activates a campaign.

Devraj_Grewal

Hi Matthew,

Marketo cleans up inactive trigger campaigns that have not shown ANY activity in 6 months, not 3 months. This means they have not qualified any people in 6 months, no people have executed a flow step in 6 months, and no people are currently sitting in a wait step.

More info: Automatic Trigger Campaign Clean-up - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Devraj,

I have had our instance re-configured for 3 months so as to reduce system load.

Thank you for your answer this was what I was looking for "and no people are currently sitting in a wait step"

Devraj_Grewal

For example, if an "inactive campaign" has not qualified any people in 3 months it can still have people in the flow steps and be considered active. If anyone is in a wait step longer than 3 months, those people will not execute another flow step for 3 months, therefore not triggering the campaign being "active". So Marketo should know that if a campaign has not qualified anyone in 3 months, and no flow steps have been executed in 3 months, that the campaign is still considered active if there are people in the wait steps because it is possible they will not execute another flow step for 3 months if they are in a wait step longer than 3 months.