Captain401 is a Y Combinator-backed company that offers an easy and affordable 401(k) retirement plan for the modern workforce. We've built an automated, paperless 401(k) that makes it possible for small and medium-sized businesses to offer a 401(k) benefit to their employees -- something that only 14% of them are able to do today. In doing so, we're empowering businesses of any size to safeguard the financial futures of their employees.
Why Work With Us?
- We have hundreds of businesses clients all over the United States. We're proud to be working with business owners and employees who are doing amazing work across a variety of industries: technology, construction, retail, medicine, nonprofit, and many more!
- We have a world-class team from diverse backgrounds, each with a track record of success. We come to work every day knowing we're working on an important problem: helping people save for retirement at a critical time when pensions are going extinct and Social Security isn't enough.
- We believe that all individuals deserve the opportunity for a secure financial future. We want idealistic and talented people to join our team of doers and builders.
- You'll be given autonomy and many responsibilities, all while working with a fun and passionate team of entrepreneurs. Above all, you'll help us solve the #1 financial concern for Americans: not having enough money for retirement.
As an employee benefits company, benefits are very important to us, and Captain401's philosophy is to be generous when it comes to employees' wellness. Here's what we currently offer:
- A great 401(k) plan: our own! Our 401(k) includes a dollar-for-dollar employer match up to 4% of compensation.
- Top-of-the-line health insurance plans, as well as dental and vision insurance, with premiums fully paid for by the company.
- An annual membership to One Medical Group, with membership fees paid by Captain401.
- Commuter benefits.
- FSA with an employer contribution of $250 per year.
- Dollar-for-dollar match of employee donations to non-profit 501(c)(3) organizations, up to $500 per year.
- Healthy snacks and drinks available at our office.
- Team retreats and outings.
We try not to spend money on “perks” like ping pong tables. We practice what we preach! We believe employer funds are best spent towards investing in the long-term physical, financial, and emotional well-being of our employees.
Captain401 is building a retirement investment product for every small business in the United States. We make it possible for any small business to easily offer their employees a best-in-class 401(k) affordably, and our low-fee investment advice means that their employees will have more money for retirement.
We're disrupting a massive but broken industry. Current 401(k) solutions for small businesses are built on legacy software, involve physical paper forms, and are sold with shady kickbacks to financial advisors whose interests are misaligned with the financial well-being of their clients. We're a customer-first product and service. We're already operating 401(k) plans at hundreds of companies, and have been growing rapidly since our inception in 2015.
As the first Sales Operations Manager at Captain401, you'll play a key role in reaching and helping more small businesses across the United States by optimizing our marketing and sales processes, vendors, and tools. This is the job for you if you love finding efficiencies, identifying patterns, and debugging workflow issues.
- Rigorously vet and manage vendors and third party tools for individual salespeople and managers
- Evaluate the sales flow, from lead to close: lead scoring, funnel optimization, and conversion rates
- Set up and maintain an entirely new instance of Salesforce
- Report on sales performance and spend
- Be the point of contact for all CRM questions from our marketing, sales, and finance teams
- Analyze lead data and sales processes to find opportunities for efficiency
- Establish, maintain and document processes that you will establish for the sales team
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years of operations experience at a startup
- Experience setting up Salesforce and/or working with Salesforce implementation specialists and consultants
- Experience working with Hubspot, Marketo, and/or Pardot
- Experience negotiating with and managing vendors and contractors
- Advanced Excel skills
- Basic SQL and AJAX skills