Mapping Marketo to SFDC Lookup Fields

John_Gallinagh1
Level 1

Mapping Marketo to SFDC Lookup Fields

Currently in SFDC I have several lookup fields on Accounts, Contacts and Leads that are used to determine record ownership based on where the customer is in the lifecycle.  So for example, I have the following lookup fields:

Assigned Business Development Rep

Assigned Account Executive

Assigned Corporate Account Manager

Rather than changing the record owner field in SFDC I use these lookup fields.  The problem that I'm running into is we have an email alert setup in Marketo that is using the record owner field when sending out the email alert and I would prefer to use the lookup fields in combination with  a status field on each of those records.  Is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Mapping Marketo to SFDC Lookup Fields

Hey John,

In the send alert flow step, have you tried using tokens in the OTHER field for the email address?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Mapping Marketo to SFDC Lookup Fields

while you can use tokens in the Send Alert (triggered only), you can't really dynamically select it. Depends a bit on the setup.

• Make sure that Marketo synced the record to ensure the Formula data is visible.
  • You can then use Smart Lists or fields to do the Choice Step
    • if BDR IS NOT EMPTY, then Send BDR Alert (or use BDR Stage+BDR IS NOT EMPTY)
      • and then order them from most impt to least.
      • As Darrell suggests, then use Send To: None + Other={{lead.BDR Owner Email Address}}