The Marketo Customer Marketing team’s mission is to engage our customers throughout their entire journey to increase advocacy, drive adoption and retention, develop raving fans of the Marketo brand, and ultimately, create Marketo customers for life.
The Senior Customer Marketing Specialist will focus on driving key Customer Marketing programs forward, in addition to discovering and developing new Marketo advocates. Success in this role can be achieved with a passion for the customer and a focus on building lasting customer relationships.
- Engage customers across all key advocacy programs, including the customer reference program, Marketo User Groups, third-party voice of the customer reviews, and our elite advocacy programs, Champions and Purple Select
- Day-to-day management of The Marketing Nation Community, including engaging with customers and driving creation/curation of content
- Work cross-functionally to help drive retention and adoption programs
- Support key deliverables, events, and initiatives that involve highlighting customers, including customer case studies, presentations, Marketing Nation Summit, and more
- Collaborate with corporate communications to make our client companies, and the marketers who work there, heroes through PR, social media, speaking opportunities, and awards
- Track and measure key customer advocacy success metrics
Key attributes of the Senior Customer Marketing Specialist include:
- Passion for the Customer: Building relationships and delighting customers is what you live for. You go above and beyond to turn customers into raving fans.
- Strategic Thinker: You see the big picture and are focused on measuring ROI through all customer marketing programs, in addition to increasing referrals, cross-sell/upsell opportunities, retention, and loyalty.
- Creative: Engage and motivate advocates with out-of-the-box thinking and innovative programs.
- Advocate: Act as the voice of the customer and collaborate cross-functionally to improve the customer experience.
Marketo is a high-energy, hard-charging, high-performance company. The Senior Customer Marketing Specialist needs to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, always looking for ways to take their programs to the next level, and a strong team player who takes great pride in the quality, precision, and measurable results of his/her work.
- 3-5 years of experience in a customer-facing role in customer success and/or marketing, sales, or sales development, experience in customer advocacy programs a plus
- Excellent communication, writing, and storytelling skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects, often under tight timelines, while consistently delivering results
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder communication and engagement skills
- Outstanding customer relationship-building skills
- Strong program development and management capabilities
- Flexible, can-do attitude, with ability to thrive in a very dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience