11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 12:35 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Issues with Finding Form within Campaign Flow Trigger

Tal Hameed

Hey Marketo Nation!

This is my first time posting for help on the board so hoping for some assistance here!

We are having issues with setting up a Campaign Flow for a Marketo Landing Page that uses a Template from the Design Studio that has a Form hardcoded into the HTML.

When I try to build the Campaign flow and associate a Form to the Trigger Event - e.g. Fills out XYZ Form on XYZ Landing Page – Then it runs through a Campaign Flow - It doesn’t find the Form because it was hardcoded into the Landing Page’s Design Template from the Design Studio rather than the Drag and Drop Feature being used within the local Landing Page Asset in the Marketing Activities Program itself.

Is there a way around this that you recommend?

Thanks.

Tal

• Re: Issues with Finding Form within Campaign Flow Trigger
          Sanford Whiteman

Hard-coded as in using the Forms 2.0 embed code instead of a named mktoForm element?

This was a bad idea, but the form still must exist in your instance.

Tal Hameed

Hard-coded in terms of having an outside Developer edit the HTML code of a standard form built within Marketo. But within the "set trigger" portion of Marketo, it's not finding the Form. It was done this way because a certain style/format of the Form could only be achieved via custom HTML editing of the form style in the hard-code itself, and was un-achievable from editing forms within Marketo itself.

I provided the URL to this thread to my Developer so he might be able to reply back with a more accurate answer, but is what I'm saying make sense?

Sanford Whiteman

If the form corresponds to a named form in Marketo, it will be in the list... and there's no way you can post data successfully without having a form ID. When you submit the form, what's the name of the form in the lead's Activity Log? It's as simple as that.

(I doubt there was no way to style the form without hard-coding custom HTML. You lose a ton of built-in functionality that way, such as Pre-Fill.)

Tal Hameed

It definitely corresponds with a named form in Marketo. I right-clicked on the form and went to "Embed Code". There was a bunch of code in there with a Marketo Form ID that I provided to my Developer.

He took that and inserted it into the Design Studio Landing Page Template HTML code. Then I cloned that page. But it doesn't show up anywhere when I goto the Trigger Event, nor does it show up in the Landing Page Summary. It says "Form: None".

However, when I removed the restriction on the Landing Page (Form is on this Landing Page), then it works. Basically, I have to create a unique form per Campaign in order for this to work properly with unique Lead Alerts and Campaign flows.