AnsweredAssumed Answered

Advanced dynamic content

Question asked by Krists Taurins on Oct 9, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 by Sanford Whiteman

Question regarding this topic: https://nation.marketo.com/blogs/marketowhisperer/2016/08/14/velocity-script-tokens-as-an-alternative-for-dynamic-content     

How would the code/approach change if all the information would be stored in one, not separate fields in Marketo?  

For example - I have a form in a landing page where people have to select their pet preferences (bird, cat, dog, pig) and they can select multiple pets. My goal would then be to send them a thank you email mentioning their pet and giving link for additional information.  

I tried making segments and added dynamic content to the email template, but that approach seems to not really work if there are several values/ifs.  

As far as I know - it's not also possible to edit the Marketo Form field that each checkbox/answer goes to a separate field in Marketo database - all the selected information can go to one particular field, not several.  So I guess the only way would be this approach described here only changing the code slightly? Switching from "=="to "contains"?

Sanford Whiteman

Outcomes