1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2017 11:36 AM by Sanford Whiteman

Catching the date of a form fill

Kevin Caballero

I have created a smart list that has leads added if they fill out a specific form. However this was recently created so the first time I ran the smart campaign, I had it add people who filled out the form three months ago as well. What I want to be able to do is see when the lead actually filled out the form.

• Re: Catching the date of a form fill
          Sanford Whiteman

If you aren't merely filtering on a date range but displaying the fill out date, you have to stamp that information onto the lead record.

This can be done on the client side (using the Forms API + JS) or with a simple Change Date Value flow step to set a Datetime field to the {{system.datetime}} token.

Note that maintaining separate form fillout fields can be hard to manage -- I use a history field to record all form fillouts in a "stack" but not individual fields.

More typically (not to say this is the only case) you want to see if someone filled out the form in a given timeframe, for which you can use a filter that operates on the Activity Log without the need for a separate field.

1 of 1 people found this helpful