Catching the date of a form fill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Catching the date of a form fill

I have created a smart list that has leads added if they fill out a specific form. However this was recently created so the first time I ran the smart campaign, I had it add people who filled out the form three months ago as well. What I want to be able to do is see when the lead actually filled out the form.

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Catching the date of a form fill

If you aren't merely filtering on a date range but displaying the fill out date, you have to stamp that information onto the lead record.

This can be done on the client side (using the Forms API + JS) or with a simple Change Date Value flow step to set a Datetime field to the {{system.datetime}} token.

Note that maintaining separate form fillout fields can be hard to manage -- I use a history field to record all form fillouts in a "stack" but not individual fields.

More typically (not to say this is the only case) you want to see if someone filled out the form in a given timeframe, for which you can use a filter that operates on the Activity Log without the need for a separate field.

Webenza_MT
Level 2

In order to capture the date and time your marketo form was filled, you should do below-

1) Create a container/bucket to capture this data

2) Either ask your audience to fill the data (which is ridiculous ) or command your system to fill (which smart marketers do )

Details on above-

1) Bucket/container is the custom field which you will have to create by going into admin panel. Under admin panel, go to field management and then create Custom Field. Define what type of data do you want to capture, which is date & time to be obvious. Give the name to this field. API name is assigned automatically.

2) Once you can created the field, you have to command system to fill the date and time in this field. Now go to the program where you have defined certain steps to be taken post form fill. Create one more step in the Flow section of your smart campaign to change the Data value of this field after the form is filled. In attributes, select your field name and under date mention thi system token- {{system.dateTime}}.

Now fill the form and run your report so check if the date and time is getting captured or not.

If you are able. Give a thumbsup.

Thanks,

Gautam Malik

Prativa_Satpath
Level 1

Works. Thanks Gautam.

The data can also be found under "Last Interesting moment date" as you export list with all columns or add custom view to People tab

SanfordWhiteman

Only if you deliberately set an IM, and only if your instance supports IMs.

Prativa_Satpath
Level 1

Certainly.

SanfordWhiteman

... and only for as long as it is the last IM. 

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

while time stamping either in a custom field or interesting moments is the best option, another route (with limitations) is if you're integrated with SFDC, check go into Admin > Salesforce > Sync options and check "Fill out form" under activities.

Marketo logs one form fill per day against the lead/contact record's activity history in Salesforce

So if this was checked in your Marketo settings, and you didn't have a timestamp custom field, you could get a report of leads/contacts and the date they filled out forms by running a salesforce Tasks/Activities report