SOLVED

Removing .mktoFormRow causes conditional logic issues?

Go to solution
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Removing .mktoFormRow causes conditional logic issues?

I currently have a form set up as follows:

Row 1: Question 1, Question 2

Row 2: Rich Text Area, Question 3

Row 3: Conditional Rich Text based on Question 1

Now, Question 3 is something I only want to show in a handful of cases, so I'm checking to see if the question is needed, and if not, do a standard jQuery removal of the second row altogether ($(".mktoFormRow").eq(1).remove();). What seems to be happening, though, is that if I remove the second row, it also removes the third row with the conditional rich text. Everything underneath continues to render just fine. Is there some condition where if another row is altered that the conditional logic can't fire? Should I just manually control the visibility of the row?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Removing .mktoFormRow causes conditional logic issues?

FYI: I just wound up doing a manual control of the conditional display for the sake of time. It's just frustrating to not have any in-depth documentation on what exactly forms are doing when they create/destroy fields; likewise with error messages and timing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I couldn't repro this from your description. Can you point me to your URL where this is happening?

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

FYI: I just wound up doing a manual control of the conditional display for the sake of time. It's just frustrating to not have any in-depth documentation on what exactly forms are doing when they create/destroy fields; likewise with error messages and timing.