How to create a multipart / two-step form

John_Wallace
Level 4

How to create a multipart / two-step form

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has created a multipart form.  So a user would enter a few forms and click "next" that would bring them to a new set of forms that they would fill out and hit submit at the bottom of that page.  Has anyone done this or guide me to some documentation.  Thanks

-John
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: How to create a multipart / two-step form

Hi John,

I believe this previous discussion will help you create this: 
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000PFzPAAW

- Create two landing pages (Page A and Page B)
- Create a form and enable progressive profiling for all fields.  Set the follow-up page to Page B
- Add form to Page A and Page B

You may want to test doing this with one page first and setting the form follow-up page to Stay on Page to see if after the initial form submit, the next set of progressive profiling fields will appear when they remain on the page.
John_Wallace
Level 4

Hey thanks for the reply I will give it a shot
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Good luck!  Let me know if that second option works for you.  If not, I'm certain that the first one that is described in the previous community discussion should do the trick 🙂 
Anonymous
Not applicable

We've created a multi-page form successfully but did not have progressive profiling.  We used it for our email opt-in preferences. 

It was simple, just the first form page on submit went to the second page of the form.  Same template so it looked seamless.