Using 'SFDC Created Date' is not {{system:date}} for Change Data Value condition

Chris_Jacko
Level 3

Using 'SFDC Created Date' is not {{system:date}} for Change Data Value condition

Preface: I am extremely new to Marketo, so if I'm going about this entirely the wrong way, please let me know and point me in the right direction.

I'm wanting to use UTM values to dictate which campaign a person is assigned to after filling out a form, but would also like the ability to store the original value separately.

I think there must be some way to store these values should the form fill not occur on the first page visited, but I have no JS experience so that is currently over my head (and easy how-to's would be amazing, though!) So instead I looked at building out this login:

If [created date] is not [today], do nothing, else [...string] - ie the following options/ outcomes will only occur if the date created is the today.

From what I'm seeing from other people's questions, {{system.date}} or {{system.dateTime}} should work, but neither of these are for me. Where am I going wrong?

Change Value.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Using 'SFDC Created Date' is not {{system:date}} for Change Data Value condition

Chris Jacko

Hello Chris,

The approach here is to store the UTM values into cookies that will persist between sessions, then read from the cookie values when the person does fill out the form. This way you can store the original traffic source even if the person does not convert on the first visit.

You will need some custom tracking script to generate the cookies when someone lands on your site.

---

Justin Norris | Perkuto​

Chris_Jacko
Level 3

Re: Using 'SFDC Created Date' is not {{system:date}} for Change Data Value condition

Thanks, Justin. Is this something you have implemented? Do you have any examples of what this may look like, to point me in the right direction?

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Chris Jacko

Yes this is something we help clients with.

I don't have a pre-fab script I can share unfortunately. Unless you have some technical skills you'll likely need the assistance of a developer.

I would recommend getting someone with expertise specific to web tracking to help you - it's not rocket science but there is a lot of know-how to build robust script that work effectively across browsers. A dev who isn't expert in this niche can produce something that isn't very bullet-proof.

You can also search the community for posts on tracking script or utm cookie tracking to get you started as it is a topic that comes up frequently.

---

Justin Norris | Perkuto