SOLVED

GoToWebinar 'Join' link not populated in Marketo emails

Go to solution
Elena_S
Level 2

GoToWebinar 'Join' link not populated in Marketo emails

Hi all,

We're using Marketo <-> GoToWebinar integration, and 'Join the webinar' links populated by token {{member.webinar url}} in confirmation emails that arrive upon registration.

Today, the confirmation emails arrive without that link at all: there's an empty space instead of the supposed unique member's URL.

Although when I open the email as "Preview by lead" and enter one of those people who have registered, the links are in place and working correctly. In the same person's inbox, the links are missing.

Anyone ever had the same issue? What could be going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: GoToWebinar 'Join' link not populated in Marketo emails

Do you have have a wait step between the "change program status" flow step and the "send email" flow step?  There's typically a delay as to when the custom URL is made available to Marketo from GTW.  So it's a best practice to include a 10-15 minute wait step to ensure the link has time to make it over to Marketo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_

Do you have have a wait step between the "change program status" flow step and the "send email" flow step?  There's typically a delay as to when the custom URL is made available to Marketo from GTW.  So it's a best practice to include a 10-15 minute wait step to ensure the link has time to make it over to Marketo.

Mark_Wallace1
Level 4

Hello

I had similar issues and there a few things to check.  Dan is right that a wait step is needed.  I have got this down to 5 mins and havent had an issue yet.

Also you have to be registered with the actual event for the link to populate, and the campaign sending the confirmation email needs to be in the event program that is linked to goto webinar.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Amy_Goldfine

At my last company, I had a hypothesis that GTW had poor deliverability and that maybe using Marketo for our confirmation and reminder emails would improve our attendance. Turned out it had no effect and was just another thing I had to set up and test for webinars. At my current company we just use GTW's own emails for confirmation and reminder. I highly recommend doing that!

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor