This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
You are describing basic Data Cleaning and Management. There are tons of threads on solutions as well as on the Developer.marketo.com blog or on my site.
- SFDC Validation Rules - avoid this until you are sure the Marketo inputs are fixed. Marketo will throw errors every single time SFDC rejects data. It will make your data worse.
- Forms in Marketo - YES. Ensure that your drop downs match SFDC rules and picklist values. 100% do this.
- Titles vs. Roles - Job Title should remain free text. everyone loves to spout their Titles. But consider a Role field to ask that is only a picklist. Ask for the Job Title later
- Prefill/Progressive - sure do this.
- Data Governance - you have to come up with a plan for which fields are important, order of precedence, values and sources you trust. Please do some research on this here and elsewhere to guide the plan.
- Data Changing Flows - one of the most common things to do in Marketo is create data management flows to clean up these issues when possible.