Deliberate Duplicates

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deliberate Duplicates

Hey All,

I have a question to pose to the community.... have any of you dealt with deliberate duplicates in Marketo? I know there have been several posts about this - I have trawled through most of this but I don't want to de-dupe records as these are duplicates on purpose.

• We are going to have deliberate dupes come in from Salesforce and they are going to be assigned to different lead partitions and are marketed to in different workspaces - all good.
  • They are marketed to by different brands and their domains are different - so our munchkin code has URL parameter 3 assigned to it, so the web activity is assigned to the correct record - all good.
  • Email activity is assigned to the correct record - all good.
  • Form activity - is there a way to ensure that the correct record is assigned the form fill activity?

Thanks!

Katie

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Deliberate Duplicates

A lot of this is in those posts and docs.

Forms - not sure you can guarantee this given the rules around dupes, record creation date. How would you know which one to attach it to with unique API code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Deliberate Duplicates

We were hoping to add an additional identifier, rather than just email, to match a form fill to a person.

Our duplicates are coming from a different brand, so in a perfect world the situation would be:

if form fill is for brand A, assign to person@company.com with Brand = brand A.

if form fill is for brand B, assign to person@company.com with Brand = brand B.

I'm not sure what you mean by unique API code. How does that work?