19 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 10:38 AM by Jason Terrell

Form submission alert creates new lead

Jason Terrell

I've got a form for updating certain data by the contact.  Not really sensitive data.  Just gives the person a chance to update a couple of minor pieces of information.

Thanks to help from people here (you know who you are) I was able to get the form working and triggering an alert.

However, the only information available on the alert seems to be merely the fields on the form.

When I check the results from the trigger campaign, it seems to be creating new leads, and the leads don't have any linking information to the regular record.

If I try to use a token such as  {{my.token:default=unknown}} for the contact or a contact token, it returns as blank, not even as "unknown"

If I use Email Address: {{lead.Email Address:default=unknown}}, it returns "unknown"

Looking in the database for the created lead, it's got only those fields from the form, even though the created date shows as back in June.

I'm guessing I could put in a hidden form field with the email address, but this seems like it's a security issue.  Anyone could update someone else's data that way.

It also seems like it shouldn't be necessary.

What am I doing wrong?