QAD Inc. is looking for a Marketing Systems Developer to join our Marketing Operations team in Santa Barbara, CA. Local area candidates with object oriented programming experience are strongly preferred. If the below position sounds like a good fit and exciting opportunity for you, please apply through the posting on our careers page.
Marketing Systems Developer
As the Marketing Systems Developer, you will be primarily responsible for the technical aspects of the systems used to carry out integrated marketing programs to nurture leads and engage customers. You will also leverage marketing automation experience, technical development experience, and awareness of modern best practices, to identify and guide improvements to current best practices in the areas of campaign execution, user/customer experience, analytics, lead nurturing, system integration, and database management.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provide technical design, development, and troubleshooting support primarily to Marketing Operations team. Ownership of technical aspects of our Marketing Automation platform, including landing page templates, email templates, system integrations / APIs, and UTM parameters.
- Support, train, and advise our global marketers on established digital marketing and marketing automation best practices, software, and policies. Work with global field marketing on development of marketing programs and campaigns. Consult on marketing best practices for email deliverability, effectiveness, brand consistency, and customer/user experience.
- Coordinate across teams to gather requirements, work with the team to determine best solution, and build final solution. Technical support cross-team projects in the areas of Sales Enablement, Sales Operations, CRM, and Global Events as needed. Apply best practice approaches and continuous improvement to ensure scale, automation, and performance of all supported solutions.
- Maintain awareness of modern marketing automation best practices in B2B.
- Using Marketo marketing automation platform, setup and execute marketing programs designed to communicate with existing customers and nurture leads for new customers.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in engineering-related field, e.g. software engineering, computer science, science, statistics
- Object-oriented programing experience required.
- 1-2 years of experience with Marketing Automation platforms (preferably Marketo) required.
- Experience with inbound marketing tactics (PPC, SEO) and front-end web design/development an advantage.
- This individual must be able to lead projects from strategy to execution and develop an excellent understanding of the underlying dynamics of a Marketo and SFDC integration.
- Comfortable developing across integrated systems with a working knowledge of MVC, FTP, and APIs is desired.
- Database management, lead generation, and lead nurturing experience would be an advantage.
- Excellent time management and project management skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to synthesize data, summarize issues, and think outside the box is essential.
- Comfortable working with and effectively supporting a global matrixed field marketing organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.