Marketing Operations Specialist (Marketo/Salesforce) – contract to hire
Periscope Group is a trailblazer in lead generation for the legal field and we are growing like crazy. We are delighting our customers and hiring some of the best minds in the San Francisco bay area. Our headquarters is located in Danville, California and we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a high-energy environment with tremendous room for personal and professional growth.
The new addition to our world-class team is an analytical and strategic thinker able to develop and implement creative solutions to operational challenges. You have very strong attention to detail, are well organized and can manage multiple projects simultaneously. You thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and are certified on both Marketo & Salesforce platforms. This position reports directly to the President and is based in our Danville, CA headquarters.
- Oversight of the Marketo implementation including campaigns, programs, drip & nurture programs and customer communications
- Optimize lead scoring and distribution methodology to ensure quality leads are passed to sales development for qualification and for increasing efficiencies and conversion rates
- Ensure accurate synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce databases.
- Ensure processes and best practices are in place to maintain data integrity.
- Effectively manage a variety of technology, data and service vendors
- Segment and leverage the marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership in defining, mapping and documenting key marketing processes
- Identifying and developing best practices; building templates to allow program teams to build best-in-class campaigns; training and playbook development
- Develop & evangelize best practices
- Troubleshoot and QA campaigns, workflows, data issues and other key marketing ops functions
- Designs, develops and maintains the company’s implementation of Salesforce
- Implement new enhancements related to basic Salesforce.com configuration, including the creation of custom fields, workflows, approval processes, triggers and templates.
- Develop and maintain VisualForce, AppExchange apps, Force.com pages and related integrations
- Maintain multiple user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Train and support business users
Analytics & Reporting
- Leverage Marketo for lead campaign & program tracking and analysis
- Track ROI of marketing activities to ensure effectiveness and continued investment
- Define business analytics and create dashboards and reports to support sales & marketing operations and measure all aspects of our marketing lead generation engine: database cleanliness, campaign effectiveness, pipeline contribution, overall business performance.
- Analyze data and provide recommendations for marketing effectiveness
- Build a marketing analytics program that helps us understand our business and drive net new opportunities
- Develop a set of executive reports that accurately communicate Marketing effectiveness
- Quickly implement projects involving diverse & complex data relationships
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Marketing/Sales Operations role or similar position.
- Experience in business analytics
- Advanced user of advanced Marketo
- System Administration & marketing experience using Salesforce.com
- Deep expertise and experience in B2C marketing
- Experience in Legal or high-tech marketing is a plus
- Strong background in data analysis
- Understanding of data mining, data warehousing, business intelligence and lead management processes and technologies
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex data sets to concrete business recommendations for marketing and sales leadership with the goal to optimize revenue generating investments.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
- Ability to delegate tasks while providing guidance and oversight
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player
- Process and quality orientation with attention to detail
- Ability to manage a high performance team & budget
- Undergraduate degree in business, statistics, mathematics or a related field
- MBA a plus