SOLVED

What are my options for keeping up with Marketo if my employer moves to Eloqua?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are my options for keeping up with Marketo if my employer moves to Eloqua?

Hi All,

My employer is evaluating switching from Marketo to Eloqua. If this happens, I will lose access to Marketo and the Marketo Community site. I looked at becoming a Marketo partner but that's cost prohibitive and I don't meet the requirements. There doesn't appear to be any sandbox option for people who want to stay up to date and grow their Marketo expertise but don't work for a customer or partner.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: What are my options for keeping up with Marketo if my employer moves to Eloqua?

Hi Sally,

Unless you have a friend who's able to give you access to a sandbox, there are no options for non Customers.

However, you can continue to access the Nation and Docs.marketo.com. If you haven't noticed, Nation is fairly open to non users now. You can also visit blogs like mine, Etumos, Knak, RevEngineMarketing, etc. that often post on martech or Marketo issues.

Eloqua is a different interface, however, the concepts are similar...so you wouldn't be that out of the loop.

Of course, you should work with your managers to sell them on keeping Marketo!! Why would they want to switch?? Find out those questions and figure out how Marketo does those things and is helpful. The cost of switching can be high and may not bring the results intended. Most of the time people switch because of poor implementations where they believe the "value" wasn't obtained. It's rarely the "tool" but the process and lack of lead funnel data.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Re: What are my options for keeping up with Marketo if my employer moves to Eloqua?

Hi Sally,

Unless you have a friend who's able to give you access to a sandbox, there are no options for non Customers.

However, you can continue to access the Nation and Docs.marketo.com. If you haven't noticed, Nation is fairly open to non users now. You can also visit blogs like mine, Etumos, Knak, RevEngineMarketing, etc. that often post on martech or Marketo issues.

Eloqua is a different interface, however, the concepts are similar...so you wouldn't be that out of the loop.

Of course, you should work with your managers to sell them on keeping Marketo!! Why would they want to switch?? Find out those questions and figure out how Marketo does those things and is helpful. The cost of switching can be high and may not bring the results intended. Most of the time people switch because of poor implementations where they believe the "value" wasn't obtained. It's rarely the "tool" but the process and lack of lead funnel data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to stay with Marketo!

It's not a done deal yet...

-Sally

Darrell_Alfons2

Sally,

Josh makes good points.

I may have a contact that can help you as well, can you follow me, and direct message me your email address?

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Darrell!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sally, did you guys end up making the jump?