10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2018 3:08 PM by Sanford Whiteman

Trying to create iFrame Form

Danielle Campagnone

Trying to create an iFrame form. Adding form to a landing page and overlaying HTML/CSS. Form is to act as a pop-up and landing page URL with form will be added to our CMS system Umbraco. Need help as form fields not syncing to Marketo.

• Re: Trying to create iFrame Form
          Sanford Whiteman

You need to provide more info: a demo URL, everything you've currently tried, and the expected vs. actual results.

Also, technically, there's no such thing as an "Iframe form." LPs (full HTML documents) are used in Iframes. That LP can contain a form but the form need not have any awareness that it's not on a regular LP.

I also need to ask why you're not using the Forms 2.0 embed code, which is highly recommended over Iframe+LP+form.

Pieter Leeflang

Were you ever able to figure out your embed problem with Umbraco. We have an agency that just built our website and put our forms in an iframe which is totally the wrong way to do it and we told them not to. They said its cause we didn't know how to create a followup message with out it being in an iframe (they didn't read the doc i sent them at developers.marketo). I think it might be a limitation of the CMS. Anyway wondering what your solution was.

Cheers,

Pieter

Sanford Whiteman

They said its cause we didn't know how to create a followup message with out it being in an iframe (they didn't read the doc i sent them at developers.marketo)

If they don't read the docs, they aren't really qualified to answer.

Simply catching the onSuccess event from the Marketo form allows you do anything you want: stay on the page and print the form fields, redirect to a Thank You page, display a follow-up message on the same page, anything.