7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 3:23 PM by Jason Martin

Pre-populate form fields with Lead Data from Database & no Cookie Data

Jason Martin

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct way to ask this question, but I am looking for a way for a lead to be recognized for form pre-fill data when clicking through an email, even if there is a lack of munchkin cookie data.

Essentially, I am creating a marketing email campaign that needs an extra verification step through a form on a Marketo Landing Page. We have all lead records in our database already, so I would like to avoid making the customer fill out all fields on the form. I would prefer that the name and email address fields are prefilled, and they just have to check the "opt-in" box and click submit to confirm their enrollment.

What we are finding is if the customer has not been cookied by Muchkin in the past, then the form prefill function doesn't work--even though they are arriving on the page from a Marketo email. Any ideas on how to get around this issue? I had two ideas I was thinking of exploring to see if they were possible:

1)  See if I can transfer the lead ID through the CTA URL and somehow to force Munchkin to link the session to the lead record.

2)  See if there was a way to carry the data (First Name, Last Name, Email Address) using tokens in the CTA URL and pre-populate form fields. Not sure if there are PII security issues with going this route, though.

Does anyone know if one of these options will work or have an idea on another way to approach this?

Thanks

Jason