SOLVED

Determining which email sent over API

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Determining which email sent over API

This is related to a question I posted on Friday.

The gist of it is that I download and cache the user activity feed for all of leads in Marketo. I also download & cache assets such as emails within a campaign. In our CRM, on a contacts' detail page, we simply want to have a node showing the viewer which particular email was sent to the contact and when.

The problem I'm running in to is that I made a poor assumption at some point that the API would tell me which email asset was sent to the user via the activity feed. It does do this indirectly but only references as [Program].[Campaign name]. For instance, 'Webhook Program.Send email to Michael Tyson'. In that campaign, the email asset I'm using is called 'FillOutTestForm'.

If I could pull out that 'FillOutTestForm' email asset out of the activity feed, everything would fall in to place perfectly. As it stands, the only way I can figure out to complete this is to use the BCC option and stick the sent emails somewhere.

Is there any way to go from Campaign/Program to Email asset that I'm simply missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Determining which email sent over API

In the unlikely case that anyone runs in to a problem like this in the future, you just use the primaryAttributeValueId from the activities feed item. I simply misunderstood the documentation when I was reading.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Determining which email sent over API

In the unlikely case that anyone runs in to a problem like this in the future, you just use the primaryAttributeValueId from the activities feed item. I simply misunderstood the documentation when I was reading.