SOLVED

Changing naming of statuses that already exist under a program channel tag

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing naming of statuses that already exist under a program channel tag

Hi -  what are the implications if I want to change the naming of statuses (and add more) that already exist under a channel tag? We've reviewed statuses that are currently used and they're a little ambiguous so want to update them, but not sure if this will cause errors elsewhere? Can we simply replace one with another?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Changing naming of statuses that already exist under a program channel tag

I have changed existing statuses before, as long as the new statuses and old statuses mean the same thing to you in terms of scoring, reporting etc.  You do have to be careful of any scoring models or trigger campaigns you have set up based on those statuses.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Carly,

You can add new ones, but do not rename existing ones. If you do not want to use a status anymore just hide or delete it. Create new statuses and rank them accordingly. The warning prompts you:

Warning: Do not copy labels from one field to another, this will rename the status in existing Smart Campaigns

Julz_James
Level 10

I have changed existing statuses before, as long as the new statuses and old statuses mean the same thing to you in terms of scoring, reporting etc.  You do have to be careful of any scoring models or trigger campaigns you have set up based on those statuses.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have seen that once our Marketo activities become more mature we are able to come up with statuses that give us more insights or are more relevant.

One recommendation is to document the changes that you make.