RStudio websites receive millions of visitors. They come to learn about and download our open source and commercial products. We are looking for someone to help us understand and nurture their interest, ensuring that those who express interest in our commercial products are aware of their capabilities and are able to engage with us in the most efficient and effective ways possible.
You will own our marketing automation platform (Marketo), contribute to our website design and content, create emails and other relevant marketing materials, and analyze results using R and RStudio. Our ideal candidate is a Marketing professional with excellent communications and collaboration skills and an analytic mindset who uses contemporary tools (including RStudio!) to reach the broadest audience in the measurably most effective ways.
You’ll need technical chops, curiosity, and empathy for our audience of R users and their IT colleagues, and a drive to make a measurable difference to do this job well. You’ll also need to be a great teammate who can help take RStudio Marketing to the next level in a transparent, collegial way.
- Develop, design, implement, and measure effective automated marketing campaigns and nurture programs using Salesforce and Marketo;
- Administer Marketo and contribute to Salesforce administration in collaboration with Sales
- Implement scalable, repeatable and comparable methods of measurement and performance tracking using the R language and Shiny (understand and communicate);
- Champion data governance best practices for marketing automation platform and CRM system; collaborate with sales team to foster CRM integration to support marketing automation functionality;
- Develop controls on all data inputs and outputs and otherwise drive data cleanliness;
- Write copy and create marketing materials for website and campaigns
- Use data and testing to optimize and improve email content and targeting for customer communications;
- 3+ years in a marketing automation experience in a B2B capacity
- Ability to think and act independently with little oversight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technical writing experience
- Salesforce and Marketo experience
- R Language experience
- Good level of HTML and associated coding a must.
- Proficiency and experience with the Marketo marketing automation platform (including the creation of email templates and custom landing pages) and Salesforce CRM system essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors (or equivalent) preferably with a concentration in Computer Science or Marketing
- Critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-sufficient, Self-motivated, capable of working independant and in small teams with a lot of responsibility
Really helpful if you also have:
- Track record of building experiment-intensive digital marketing campaign strategies
- Understanding of R and Shiny
- A passion for puzzling through complex marketing attribution problems and discerning actionable truth from sometimes murky facts
- Experience working with remote people and teams
- A quasi-religious devotion to performance-based marketing