6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 1:19 PM by Steven Vanderberg

Delays/unable to search for new people immediately after they've been entered (manually or via list import)

Dan Stevens

I'm interested to know if any of you are experiencing this: after we enter new people into Marketo (either manually or via a list import), it can take upwards of 15-20 minutes before we can retrieve them when doing a search (or seeing them in the lead grid).  Until then, we get a "No people were found matching xxx@domain.com".  And sometimes we'll even get some odd error that the list was not imported correctly - even though it was - and then a member of my team will try to import again right away (which, as you may or may not know, this creates duplicates as Marketo does not de-dupe against existing leads until they've been in the database for at least 5 minutes or so).

When raising this issue with Support, we received the following reply:

You do have blackcat enabled which is faster. The thing is that blackcat even though its faster when creating a new record it uses mySQL to create the lead. and then if in blackcat we might see delays for it to update through the UI if blackcat is enabled and we really do not have a way of getting this to work better at the moment.

The solution here is to have your All Leads (smartlist) in mySQL so when you add someone it finds them in that original request at the moment.

I have tested this and can confirm if I switch running format from mySQL and blackcat when creating new leads and having blackcat rendering smartlists it will take some time but it switched back to mySQL its always there.

Also the blackcat render delay of adding new leads is intermittent not always a delay.

I've never even heard of "blackcat".  Is this something that's part of Orion?  I even had a call with the support rep and left the call confused.