10 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2017 9:41 AM by Jon Wu

Are there known gotchas where Munchkin page views with certain params don't get recorded?

Jon Wu

I've been trying to track down some problems for weeks, and have some support cases open, but in the meantime, I wanted to see if the community had seen issues like I'm having.

I have a similar question where activities are logged (Are there known gotchas where Smart Campaign triggers always fail on certain page views? ), but campaigns aren't fired, but it seems these could be different issues, although they both break our automation consistently in certain scenarios.

Background

Using the Munchkin JavaScript API, we log events as a "page view" to log activities we can trigger off of. Imagine we have a non-Marketo form where we collect info, then fire a page view that looks something like https://example.com/_event/#path=/form.html&eventName=Filled+out+promo+form?path=/form.html&eventName=Filled+out+promo+form. We repeat the data in the hash and query string to allow boolean AND matching (For a Visit Web Page trigger, how do you match multiple querystring conditions with AND logic? ).

We're on Munchkin v1.

Problem

For a given virtual page view, sometimes the activity never shows up in the lead's Activity Log. In one such example, let's say the event didn't work where the path was form.html. These variants worked:

- form.htmlXX
      - form.htmlXXXXX
      - form.ht
      But these didn't:
      - form.html (the original test case)
      - form.htmlX
      - form.htm
      - form.htML
      However, the behavior is so flakey and inconsistent, that I can't figure out what's up. On other .html pages, the same event does get recorded.
      I say not recorded, because in all cases, I've verified in the Chrome network inspector that the event is sent to the server, and the server replies with an HTTP 2XX success code.

Anybody seen this behavior?