3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2017 1:47 PM by Jonathan Ng

Dynamics CRM Account Updates

jared alfson

Good morning!

I've tracked a couple of DCRM Account updates that don't seem to take effect on the Marketo leads. How do DCRM Account Updates translate over to Marketo Leads?

Thanks in advance,

Jared

• Re: Dynamics CRM Account Updates
          Jonathan Ng

The way it is supposed to work is that if the Contact is associated with the Account, any changes made at the Account level should push down to the Contact as well.  If you make a change in Marketo to the Account info, it will store in Marketo, but not push up to the Account in MSCRM.  If a change is later made to the Account, the information will push down to Marketo and overwrite any updates you put in.

How long are you waiting for data to come in from changes on the Account side?  Have you looked at the current sync status to see if anything is moving at all?

jared alfson

Jonathan,

Thanks for the response. As I'm making corrections, today, the sync is working fine. Updates I make in Microsoft DCRM I can see in Marketo within an hour.

Ongoing reliability that our data is synchronized is becoming a major concern.

Thanks again!

Jonathan Ng

As long as you're on a more recent connector, you should be ok for the most part.  I conduct a daily check of leads that get pushed into CRM from Marketo and the only ones that have failed are typically due to them not meeting all of the requirements I have setup in the smart list that handles the syncing process.

That said I typically see syncs happen in about 7-15 minutes, aside from the unusual issue we had the other day where syncing stopped for 2 days and then caught up afterward.