4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 7:38 AM by Brooke Bartos

Connector Upgrade - Bugs or Challenges?

Brooke Bartos

Our IT team is hesitant to upgrade our Marketo connector, as we are also in the process of beginning the discovery phase for a CRM upgrade.

When you upgraded to the most recent Dynamics connector, did you experience any hiccups, bugs, or challenges? Were there any new use features you noted that were not a part of the previous connector? Looking for any and all information I can share as I try to push the upgrade forward.

Thank you!

• Re: Connector Upgrade - Bugs or Challenges?
          Jonathan Ng

Which version are you on currently?  Our biggest challenge has been with making sure that all the security permissions, etc get setup exactly as stated in the documentation.  We do not have custom processes setup on the Lead flow portion of things, so the typically installation typically works ok.

Brooke Bartos

Hi Jonathon,

Thank you for your insight, I'll make sure your team follows the doc specs. Our challenge is that our CRM is Dynamics 2011 on-prem, and our connector is from 2014. We will be moving to either 2016 on-prem or 365, not certain yet, but that process won't be complete until April.

Jonathan Ng

Just to be clear.  Your CRM is 2011 on prem and the last time you installed the Marketo Dynamics connector was in 2014?  If so, then yes, I highly recommend installing a newer version.  Nearly all of our sync issues were corrected by using the newer connector.  I believe the newer ones also came with the ability to resync a field to get fields back in line as well.  I can't comment if I think its right to upgrade before the April time frame.  There will be a lot of updates and process changes as you move to the next system.  We are currently in the same boat with regards to moving to a new system.  From what I've heard from Marketo, the cloud based CRM systems tend to be more stable and interact better with Marketo as far as data reliability goes.